About the role:
Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with the majority of North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
As a product designer at ChargeLab, you’ll solve the problems of our collective customers across EV drivers, site hosts and distribution partners who use ChargeLab for their EV charging needs. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to build a delightful experience across the ChargeLab ecosystem and drive meaningful business impact. You’ll engage across all stages of a project: user research, concept and prototyping, information architecture design, workshop facilitation and working with across teams to implement and launch.
As ChargeLab's first design hire, you will have the opportunity to lead company design practices from the ground floor. We are looking for a rock star who is entrepreneurial, has great product and design sense and a demonstrated leadership ability to define experiences for a diverse ecosystem of customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex platform and EV charging technology
- Build wireframes, prototypes and visual designs based on our UI framework to tackle difficult UX problems
- Work with product managers to define the requirements, not just translate them into design
- Partner with engineering to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs and achieve high quality shipped product
- Build frameworks to measure effectiveness of designs among users and stakeholders and improve based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering and ops
- Lead and conduct user research to better understand the needs of our customers across distributors, EV drivers, installers, fleets and more
- Own and maintain SOT of design and collaborate with your team to help raise the bar on the whole ChargeLab experience
- 3+ years of professional, hands-on design experience
- Ability to tackle complex user and design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- Knowledge of building products for Android, iOS and web
- A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences: You’ve gone through release cycles and know what details matter at each stage
- Expertise at developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format - making business concepts visually engaging 1
Location: Toronto, ON or Washington, DC
Compensation: Salary + stock options