Do you think Electric Vehicles are cool? We do too!
ChargeLab is a fast-growing software as a service (SaaS) company based in Toronto that is making life easier for EV drivers. We build software solutions to operate and manage EV charging stations across the world. We help drivers to locate charges, charge their cars, keep track of their transactions, and optimize their costs. We advocate inclusion, creativity, excellence, and autonomy.
We seek passionate, creative, and innovative developers to join our team and help build leading-edge technologies. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, the daily routine will never show its boring face.
Note: This job application will require you to do a take-home coding challenge.
Note: This position can be fully remote.
Note: Majority of work will be manual testing at the beginning
The ideal candidate will have:
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take initiatives
- Great sense of product and process ownership
- Solid understanding of the foundations of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- 2+ years experience in software development with at least 1 year in Java, is nice to have
- Familiarity with Linux, Gradle (or Maven), and Git
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, Selenium, Appium
- Exposure to Amazon AWS, or similar cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Authorization to legally work in Canada
What will you do at ChargeLab:
- Assess testing needs for what needs to be manually tested vs automated
- Manually test software products and components based on acceptance criteria
- Help develop automated testing modules
- Meet with other developers to define test cases
- Meet with other developers to understand and document acceptance criteria
- Hypothesize and Design test cases for different components
- Document your testing process and report discovered bugs
- Document software products and components
What will ChargeLab offer you:
- Walk on the edge of the latest technological trends
- Great mentorship and 1:1 time with team members
- Get involved with the new booming EV industry
- Optional work from home opportunities
- Get to work with a really cool and easy going team
- Unlimited growth opportunities
We do appreciate your time and effort in applying for this position. We are committed to responding within 7 business days. The interview process is very straightforward. So, give us a go!